Hello XDA Assist Team,
A few days ago I installed AdAway to increase mobile surfing speed. The problem was that while using Wifi, suddenly every app had a 10-15 seconds delay before actually starting to download/ starting to load the web page etc. Once "getting a firm grip" on the connection, the download speed was fine as usual (120 mbit/s). This problem did occur on every app while using wifi, but not while using mobile internet.
So I uninstalled AdAway. Now no application can access the internet. Regardless of wifi or mobile internet, no application managed to access the internet since the deinstallation.
The only host files in the /etc/host folder seems to be the localhost on "127.0.0.1" and another localhost with "::1" . At least that's what the Hosts Editor app said. I installed it via USB to check on the host file.
My system:
Oneplus Two, Oxygen OS 3 (Android 6.0.1), rooted
installed were AFWall+ and Xprivacy. I deactivated, then deinstalled them to make sure they won't interfere. The only other App I installed recently is Cerberus. Except for devouring my battery alive, it did not have any negative effects I could observe.
I tried searching the Unofficial AdAway Thread, but I was discouraged by the 600+ pages. I tried, but didn't didn't find anything useful. I posted my question there as well, but got no reply.
I don't have many skills regarding Android. I installed the OS, xposed framework etc. by closely following the instructions given here on XDA. I have a basic understanding on how to use all these applications but I don't know much about what happens behind the UI. I would really appreciate if you could help me out here and point me in the right direction, prefereably without having to nuke my OS. My last Nandroid backup is about 2 months old, unfortunately.
With kind regards,
Fennec
A few days ago I installed AdAway to increase mobile surfing speed. The problem was that while using Wifi, suddenly every app had a 10-15 seconds delay before actually starting to download/ starting to load the web page etc. Once "getting a firm grip" on the connection, the download speed was fine as usual (120 mbit/s). This problem did occur on every app while using wifi, but not while using mobile internet.
So I uninstalled AdAway. Now no application can access the internet. Regardless of wifi or mobile internet, no application managed to access the internet since the deinstallation.
The only host files in the /etc/host folder seems to be the localhost on "127.0.0.1" and another localhost with "::1" . At least that's what the Hosts Editor app said. I installed it via USB to check on the host file.
My system:
Oneplus Two, Oxygen OS 3 (Android 6.0.1), rooted
installed were AFWall+ and Xprivacy. I deactivated, then deinstalled them to make sure they won't interfere. The only other App I installed recently is Cerberus. Except for devouring my battery alive, it did not have any negative effects I could observe.
I tried searching the Unofficial AdAway Thread, but I was discouraged by the 600+ pages. I tried, but didn't didn't find anything useful. I posted my question there as well, but got no reply.
I don't have many skills regarding Android. I installed the OS, xposed framework etc. by closely following the instructions given here on XDA. I have a basic understanding on how to use all these applications but I don't know much about what happens behind the UI. I would really appreciate if you could help me out here and point me in the right direction, prefereably without having to nuke my OS. My last Nandroid backup is about 2 months old, unfortunately.
With kind regards,
Fennec
from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1WlGxc6
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment