[AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm having trouble trying to decide whether to post this in the ZenFone 3 threads or here in the ZenFone 5 threads because I am looking at this from the perspective of a 3-year ZenFone 5 user. If this post is supposed to be in the ZenFone 3 forums, by all means, please move my thread. Thank you!]
Title is technically too much of a gist right now.
I'll be recursive on this one... Is the ZenFone 3 worth it? I've had my share of joy with the sheer potential of this phone while being extremely affordable for its class. I've also had my share of disappointments like ASUS intentionally shipping "defective" motherboards along with them (You know... The bootloader-freezey thingy?), the mediocre battery capacity, the worse than mediocre service from ASUS, and the inexperience of developers with the x86 platform (I own an A500CG model).
One of the main reasons why I want to move up is because 8GBs (only 4GBs usable) is becoming too small for my needs now. I'd stay with my ZenFone 5 for a lot longer if only I could use custom 6.0 ROMs so that I can adopt my 64GB MicroSD card (which is technically a waste because as it is right now, Android 5.0 just isn't being too friendly with them. Root mods like those from Xposed can only do so little. My best option is to go 6.0 with the Adopted MicroSD support).
SIDE QUESTION: Is the reason for me switching phones just plain silly?
If you could definitely recommend the ZenFone 3, I'd bite it. If not, anything better, perhaps? All opinions welcome! :)
Title is technically too much of a gist right now.
I'll be recursive on this one... Is the ZenFone 3 worth it? I've had my share of joy with the sheer potential of this phone while being extremely affordable for its class. I've also had my share of disappointments like ASUS intentionally shipping "defective" motherboards along with them (You know... The bootloader-freezey thingy?), the mediocre battery capacity, the worse than mediocre service from ASUS, and the inexperience of developers with the x86 platform (I own an A500CG model).
One of the main reasons why I want to move up is because 8GBs (only 4GBs usable) is becoming too small for my needs now. I'd stay with my ZenFone 5 for a lot longer if only I could use custom 6.0 ROMs so that I can adopt my 64GB MicroSD card (which is technically a waste because as it is right now, Android 5.0 just isn't being too friendly with them. Root mods like those from Xposed can only do so little. My best option is to go 6.0 with the Adopted MicroSD support).
SIDE QUESTION: Is the reason for me switching phones just plain silly?
If you could definitely recommend the ZenFone 3, I'd bite it. If not, anything better, perhaps? All opinions welcome! :)
from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ciDLB2
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment